Boston Marathon Finish

Boston Marathon Finish

Monday, February 16, 2009

Levine Cardiac Kids - CHD Awareness Week

Levine Cardiac Kids, a group supporting children with Congenital Heart Defects and their families got together on Valentine's Day, 2/14/09, to celebrate Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week at Build a Bear in Northlake Mall, Charlotte, NC. The children would make a wish and kiss the heart that was inserted prior to the bear being placed into the stuffing machine. Shown in the photo: Jacob, a 16 year old CHD patient, Lisa McKenzie, Steering Committee Chair of LCK, Ford, 1 year CHD child, Sarah and Adrienne Mauntel, Fundraising Chair of LCK. Since October 2007, I have been a Steering Committee Chair of the Awareness Committee for LCK. Being a part of this support group has exposed me to various CHD conditions. I admire the support and strength of the children and their families. Hopefully my story will give them hope of living a positive and active lifestyle. As a child, I was not exposed to other children with heart conditions and did not publically talk about my heart condition until I was 40 years old. The support group gives the children a bond and an opportunity to compare scares. For more information: http://www.levinecardiackids.com/

No comments: